TAMPA SPORTS AUTHORITY
DEPARTMENT/SECTION: Stadium Operations
POSITION TITLE: Director of Event Services -Full Time
Salary based on experience
The Director of Event Services shall be responsible for the general administration, management, coordination and supervision of the day-to-day activities for the Raymond James Stadium facility event operations department. A strong emphasis will be placed on booking, contract management, emergency planning, parking, event coordination, event production management, event management and related contractual services.
The Director of Event Services will be responsible for overall planning, organizing, controlling, monitoring, of the event operations with an emphasis on service to, clients, booking events, coordinating activities with other operational departments, event related contract services, parking and event budgetary control at Raymond James Stadium.
In addition, the Director of Event Services shall be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service within the event operations department.
POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior VP of Stadium Operations
- Develop and implement long-term and day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the facility operations department and provide overall administrative supervision, coordination, scheduling, assigning, planning, monitoring, analyzing and organizing work assignments of event coordinators, guest services supervisors, parking personnel, all contracted event service contractors. Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by establishing goals and supervising the following employees: Event Coordinators (3), Interns (2) and seasonal event staff.
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Act on behalf of the Sr. Vice President of Stadium Operations in his/her absence.
- Use computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports on departmental activity. Oversee the creation and maintenance of the event services department filing system and records to ensure that required documentation, event details, licensing and accurate event billing have been reviewed and filed.
- Conduct regular inspections to review all facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with department managers and staff to assist in maintaining a superior level of function, polish and efficiency at Raymond James Stadium. Review and recommend equipment, materials and services required to provide and improve service to clients and guests in all facilities.
- Schedule, plan and conduct regular staff meetings with department employees to share relevant information and promote feedback relating to methods to improve service to internal and external customers and to ensure smooth coordination of department activities. Participate in weekly executive staff and monthly Authority staff meetings.
- Provide a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and local, state and federal laws including the American with Disabilities Act.
- Provide leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts. Participate in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Conduct and maintain performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel. Counsel subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues. Conduct internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seek out, develop and maintain participation in industry related associations and trade shows to keep abreast of innovations and improvements in procedures and practices within the industry; apply this knowledge in improvements to the delivery of services and reductions in operating expenses.
- Oversee department-specific budget meetings and provide expense projections for the event services department. Monitor specific event and departmental budgets including verification of proper coding of departmental purchases to ensure accurate accounting and provide sufficient data for planning. Oversee purchasing procedures within the department to ensure compliance with Authority Enabling Act and purchasing guidelines. Develop, review and submit timely and accurate bid specifications for equipment and services in the event services department.
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and act as liaison with tenants, outside organizations, contractors, vendors, county/city departments, code officials and private firms to facilitate communication and coordination with operations related internal planning. Tenants and/or contractors include but are not limited to the following: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of South Florida, Outback Bowl, Monster Jam, New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Lightning and the Stadium Food and Beverage Contractor. Participate in tenant, client and contractor meetings as required to ensure operational concerns and needs are met. Work effectively with all Authority tenants ensuring compliance with applicable agreements while promoting positive tenant relations.
- Assist in the planning and analysis of facility remodeling projects, construction and/or expansion projects in conjunction with Director of Facility Services, Authority Project Manager II and Sr. Vice President of Stadium Operations. Assist in developing the annual capital improvement budget for Raymond James Stadium.
- Oversee and participate in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of all event services department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Ensure the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the facility operations department.
- The Director of Event Services shall be knowledgeable in all administrative, financial and operational rules, procedures and programs of the Authority. Knowledge of principles and techniques used in the successful event management of a world class professional football stadium.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public in the facilities.
- Position requires ability to interact with tenants, fellow employees, clients, contractors, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department and the facility.
- Monitor work activities of all contract vendor services required. Ensure accuracy of contract billings and tenant payments.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a degree in sports management, business administration or related field. Management experience in the facilities or maintenance fields may be substituted at the rate of 2 years experience for each year of college.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of computer systems and demonstrated ability to use business application software.
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public within a public assembly venue...
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible management experience of sports facility management, or combination of equivalent, experience derived from an arena, stadium or other public assembly facility.