The 4th annual Battle at The Babe Tournament will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, December 27 at Babe Zaharias Golf Course. The following players are scheduled to compete:
- Former PGA Tour winners John Huston and Gary Koch
- Current LPGA Tour players Brittany Lincicome, Kris Tamulis, and Cindy Lacrosse
- Former Big Break competitor Sally Dee
- Current Babe Zaharias course record holder and professional golfer Brad Brunner
- Rogers Park Head Professional, and past Battle at the Babe champion T.J. Heidel
This year the tournament will have a new team format. Each team playing in the competition will be comprised of one male golfer and one female golfer.
In order to watch the tournament, a spectator badge must be purchased for $10. These badges can be purchased in advance at any of the participating golf courses.
The following golf courses will be participating:
- Old Memorial Golf Club
- Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club
- Avila Golf and Country Club
- St. Petersburg Country Club
- Emerald Greens Golf Resort and Country Club
- Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club
- The Claw Golf Course at USF
- Babe Zaharias Golf Course
- Rogers Park Golf Course
- Rocky Point Golf Course
All of the proceeds will benefit the First Tee of Tampa Bay, as well as other local junior golf programs. These badges are walking only passes to the event. Sponsorship packages, which include a golf cart and food and beverage options can be arranged by contacting Babe Zaharias Head Professional Laura Beuhring at (813) 631-4375.