Enhanced Security Measures for All Raymond James Stadium Events
Clear bag and metal detection screening policy will be in effect for all events
(Tampa, August 22, 2016) Effective immediately, all events at Raymond James Stadium will be subject to enhanced security measures. These enhanced measures are the same ones that have been in place since 2013 for the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneer home games. A clear bag and metal detection screening policy will now be in effect for all events held at Raymond James Stadium, including USF Football games, Outback Bowl and the Monster Jam Series.
“The Tampa Sports Authority continues to provide a safe and secure environment for our fans at Raymond James Stadium,” said Eric Hart, President/CEO of the Tampa Sports Authority, operators of Raymond James Stadium. “The enhanced security measures are being implemented in cooperation with all our partners and will continue to put public safety as our top priority.”
Under the enhanced policy, fans are allowed to carry in no more than one approved clear bag (not to exceed 12”x6”x12”) and up to one small clutch-style bag (not to exceed 4.5”x6.5”). The policy only restricts the type and size of containers used to carry items, but the list of approved items has not changed. Fans may still carry usual items such as keys, wallets, makeup, phones, etc., in pockets or jackets in addition to the approved containers that are detailed below. Patrons with medically necessary items will be screened at specifically designated gate locations.
Fans entering the stadium may carry the following permissible style and size bag:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.”
• One-gallon (or smaller) clear plastic bag.
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5”x6.5”), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at specific gates designated for this purpose. Fans should contact the Tampa Sports Authority office 48 hours in advance by calling 813-350-6500 or go to raymondjamesstadium.com to make special medical needs arrangements.
Additionally, everyone entering the stadium will be subject to a magnetic wand search for prohibited items. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- purses larger than a clutch bag
- binocular cases, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs or cinch bags
- luggage of any kind
- seat cushions
- computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size
Fans are encouraged to visit raymondjamesstadium.com for all the details regarding prohibited items and security policies.